Thank you for taking the time to visit the website of the Nursing Editors History Project (NEHP). We appreciate your interest!
The NEHP is a venture of the Dolan Collection of the School of Nursing at the University of Connecticut in collaboration with Leslie H. Nicoll, Peggy L. Chinn, and E. Carol Polfroni.
The Nursing Editors History Project is an initiative to:
- Document the history of editorial leadership in nursing from 1900 to the present.
- Identify the people and organizations that have influenced the development of modern nursing practice and nursing knowledge.
- Preserve stories provided by informants that relate to edit orial leadership in nursing publications.
- Provide a database that can be accessed, searched, and used by a variety of scholars to who seek to understand the important role of editorial leadership.
As you browse this website you will find several pages of interest:
- A "Journal Gallery" which lists the journals currently indexed in the NEHP. For each journal the following information is included:
- Current name of journal, with a cover image;
- Name of current Editor-in-Chief, with starting date for the role;
- Year that publication began for the journal with years of publication;
- Frequency of publication;
- A link to the journal website;
- Name of founding editor(s), with tenure;
- Name of past editor(s), with tenure
- Three different Editors galleries: Current Editors-in-Chief; Founding Editors; and Past Editors.
- Each view has similar information for editors, such as date started, dated ended, and years in role.
- When available, we have included pictures of editors—if you have a picture of someone who is missing a photo, we want to hear from you! Please use the Contact Page to get in touch with us.
- A page to submit a journal for inclusion in the NEHP
Also under development is the The Editorial Database. When available (anticpated: Fall/Winter 2018) the Editorial Database will include:
- A complete collection of editorials, from beginning to the present, for the following journals
- American Journal of Nursing
- Advances in Nursing Science
- Canadian Nurse (from 1951 to the present)
- Journal of Advanced Nursing
- Journal of Nursing Scholarship
- Nursing Outlook
- Nursing Research
- Research in Nursing and Health
- Selected editorials from other journals in the NEHP.
- Editorials will be searchable by journal name, editor name, year, volume, issue, page(s), and keywords.
This is just the beginning for the NEHP. We will be adding journals, editors, and editorials as we receive information from colleagues and friends. This page has complete information for submitting a listing to the NEHP.
Questions or suggestions? Please contact us! We look forward to hearing from you!
For the Dolan Collection and the NEHP,
Leslie Nicoll, Peggy Chinn, and Carol Polfroni